In Finland, occupational safety and health (OSH) covers e.g.
- the safety and healthiness of work
- the conditions of the employment relationship
- psychological wellbeing
- a functional management and organisation, and productivity
The task of the OSH system is to
- maintain and promote the health, safety and working capacity of employees
- preventing workplace accidents and occupational diseases
- safeguarding mental wellbeing
- ergonomics and workloads.
The Ministry of Social Affairs and Health
- promotes occupational health and safety at work
- develops and supervises occupational safety and health legislation
- participates in the international development of occupational health and safety
- makes known the goals and best practices of occupational safety and health.
More informaton on occupational health issues, working in Finland, employment matters as well as guidance on solving safety and health problems at workplaces can be found on the webpages of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
The National Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Profile of Finland has been prepared at the request of the International Labour Office (ILO).